Application and entire agreement
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to the provision of the services detailed in our quotation (Services), either verbal or written, by Up Energy Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under number 08811730 whose registered office is at 19 Old Park Avenue, Exeter, EX1 3WD (we or us) to the person buying the services (you).
2. You are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions when you accept our quotation or from the date of any performance of the Services (which ever happens earlier) and these Terms and Conditions and our quotation (the Contract) are the entire agreement between us.
3. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on our behalf. These Conditions apply to the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
4. A “business day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a bank holiday.
5. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and do not affect their interpretation.
6. Words imparting the singular number shall include the plural and vice-versa.
7. We warrant that we will use reasonable care and skill in our performance of the Services which will comply with the quotation, including any specification in all material respects. We can make any changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement, and we will notify you if this is necessary.
8. We will use our reasonable endeavours to complete the performance of the Services within the time agreed or as set out in the quotation; however, time shall not be of the essence in the performance of our obligations.
9. All of these Terms and Conditions apply to the supply of any goods as well as Services unless we specify otherwise.
10. You must obtain any permissions, consents, licences or otherwise that we need and must give us access to any and all relevant information, materials, properties and any other matters which we need to provide the Services.
11. If you do not comply with clause 10, we can terminate the Services.
12. We are not liable for any delay or failure to provide the Services if this is caused by your failure to comply with the provisions of this section (Your obligations).
13. The fees (Fees) for the Services are set out in the quotation and are on a time and material basis.
14. In addition to the Fees, we can recover from you a) reasonable incidental expenses including, but not limited to, travelling expenses, hotel costs, subsistence and any associated expenses, b) the cost of services provided by third parties and required by us for the performance of the Services, and c) the cost of any materials required for the provision of the Services.
15. You must pay us for any additional services provided by us that are not specified in the quotation in accordance with our then current, applicable hourly rate in effect at the time of performance or such other rate as may be agreed between us. The provisions of clause 14 also apply to these additional services.
16. The Fees are exclusive of any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
Cancellation and amendment
17. We can withdraw, cancel or amend a quotation if it has not been accepted by your, or if the Services have not started, within a period of 21 days from the date of the quotation, (unless the quotation has been withdrawn).
18. Either we or you can cancel an order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
19. If you want to amend any details of the Services you must tell us in writing as soon as possible. We will use reasonable endeavours to make any required changes and additional costs will be included in the Fees and invoiced to you.
20. If, due to circumstances beyond our control, including those set out in the clause below (Circumstances beyond a party’s control), we have to make any change in the Services or how they are provided, we will notify you immediately. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep any such changes to a minimum.
21. We will invoice you for payment of the Fees either:
- a. when we have completed the Services; or
- b. when we have completed the majority of the Services and are able to supply a draft report; or
- c. on the invoice dates set out in the quotation
22. You must pay the Fees due within 15 days of the date of our invoice or otherwise in accordance with any credit terms agreed between us.
23. Time for payment shall be of the essence of the Contract.
24. Without limiting any other right or remedy we have for statutory interest, if you do not pay within the period set out above, we will charge you interest at the rate of 4% per annum above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time on the amount outstanding until payment is received in full.
25. All payments due under these Terms and Conditions must be made in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and neither of us can assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
26. If you do not pay within the period set out above, we can suspend any further provision of the Services and cancel any future services which have been ordered by, or otherwise arranged with, you.
27. Receipts for payment will be issued by us only at your request.
28. All payments must be made in British Pounds unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
Sub-Contracting and assignment
29. We can at any time assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of our rights under these Terms and Conditions and can subcontract or delegate in any manner any or all of our obligations to any third party.
30. You must not, without our prior written consent, assign, transfer, charge, subcontract or deal in any other manner with all or any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
31. We can terminate the provision of the Services immediately if you:
- a. commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions; or
- b. fail to make pay any amount due under the Contract on the due date for payment; or
- c. are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become, the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtor; or
- d. enter into a voluntary arrangement under Part 1 of the Insolvency Act 1986, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with its creditors; or
- *e. convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part of them, any documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator in respect of you, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in para. 14 of Schedule B1 of the Insolvency Act 1986), a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for your winding up or for the granting of an administration order in respect of you, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency.